The below information has been published for your convenience, however we do still recommend visiting the Truma website for up-to-date information.
The Truma AquaGois simple to decalcify via the standard Easy Drain Lever maintenance and accessory interface.
Advantage: Water flow and, consequently, efficiency remain at the same level as a new device.
Due to the design of instant water heaters, their narrow pipe cross-section tends to calcify relatively quickly, depending on the water hardness and the flow rate of the water.
Semi –automatic decalcification drain
• The standard control panel* shows when it is advisable to decalcify the device (depending on water consumption)
• The specially developed Truma decalcification tablets (part number 77300-01), which have been optimized for material compatibility and effectiveness, are placed in the filter sieve of the Easy Drain Lever.
• The control panel guides you through the decalcification process.
*An external control panel is standard in Truma AquaGoComfort and Comfort Plus manufactured from 2016.
NOTE –Decalcification Tablets Material Safety Data available at
Typical Calcification Buildup VS After Decalcification with Truma Decalcification Tablets
An integrated water consumption meter recognizes (after hot water consumption of approx. 1585 gallons/ 6000 liters) that decalcification is necessary. The assumed water hardness is “hard” and cannot be changed. The yellow status LED 3 on the control panel indicates that decalcification is necessary (goes off briefly about every seven seconds).
WARNING –The use of non original Truma AquaGodecalcification tablets (e.g. vinegar) for decalcification can cause chemical reactions and produce hazardous substances that could enter the drinking supply.
• Do not mix Truma AquaGo decalcification tablets with other substances to avoid chemical reactions and produce hazardous substances.
• Only use Truma AquaGo decalcification tablets to decalcify the appliance to avoid:
• Chemical reactions and production of hazardous substances
• Damage to your appliance
• And the voiding of warranty
Irritation of skin and eyes in case of contact with decalcification agent.
Wear protective gloves, eye protection, and face protection to avoid contact.
During decalcification, you must also observe the following:
• Damage to the appliance if decalcification is interrupted.
• For safety reasons, once the decalcification process has started it must not be stopped until the system has been rinsed (seeprocess f). All operating modes of the appliance are blocked until decalcification has been completed.
• Allow about three hours for decalcification. The appliance works on its own for most of the time.
• Sensitive surfaces (e.g. marble) may be damaged through contact with the decalcification agent.
Preparing for decalcification/Draining the water system:
• Follow steps 1-7 of “Draining AquaGovia Easy Drain Lever” Instructions.
• On all water faucets attach the warning sign “Caution decalcification in progress” in a clearly visible position. Warnings signsare enclosed with the decalcification tablets.
• Remove inlet filter.
NOTE –You must use the water inlet filter for decalcification (included with delivery). If you are using an electric antifreezekit, it must be removed and unplugged from the power supply before decalcification.
Truma Store: Decalcification Tablets *External link to Truma website to purchase decalcification tablets. These tablets can also be purchased from the Oliver service department.
Introducing the decalcification agent to the water system:
• Fill the water inlet filter with (6) Truma AquaGodecalcification tablets (content of one blister pack.)
• Re-insert the water inlet filter.
• Switch ON the appliance at the POWER switch.
• Turn on fresh water supply or switch on water pump.
• The decalcification tablets dissolve in water in approximately 10 minutes. So that the decalcification agents is not rinsed out,when filling, run the water only as long as necessary. The Truma decalcification tablets color the water slightly red.
• Fill the water system
• Open all water-release points (e.g. hot water faucets, showers, toilets)
• Once water flows uniformly, the water system is vented.
• Close the water release points.
Note –You must bleed the water system thoroughly otherwise the circulation pump cannot circulate the decalcification solution.
• Set the control panel to “Clean”
• If decalcification doesn’t start, switch the appliance ON at the POWER switch.
• While decalcification is taking place, LED 3 on the control panel will blink slowly (1 sec on, 1 sec off) and the circulation pump will run continuously.
• Once the decalcification process has finished, LED 3 on the control panel will flash rapidly.
Rinsing the water system:
Note -You will need about (8) gallons of water to rinse the water system
Note -Dispose of (used) decalcification solution in accordance with local laws and regulations.
Open all water-release points (e.g. hot water faucets, showers, toilets).
Run the water until the status LED 3 on the control panel goes out. LED 2 on control unit will flash fault code 31 (S,S,S,L,L,L,L,L) –Decalcification Complete.
Set the control panel to OFF and close all water-release points.
Turn OFF the water supply or switch OFF the water pump.
Open a hot water faucet to relieve pressure in the system.
Switch the appliance OFF at the POWER switch.
Drain the water system (refer to “Draining AquaGovia Easy Drain Lever” Instructions).
Install the water inlet filter (or antifreeze cartridge if electric antifreeze kit is installed.
Switch ON the appliance at the POWER switch.
Filling the water system:
Note -You have to switch the appliance off and on to unblock decalcification and enable further operation.
• Turn on the water supply or switch on water pump
• Fill the water system:
• Open all water-release points (e.g. hot water faucets, showers, toilets).
• Once water flows uniformly, the water system is vented.
• Close the water-release points.
• Before you use the water system and the appliance, check the color of the water at all faucets.
• Slightly red –rinse again
• Clear –decalcification is finished.
• Remove the warning signs “Caution decalcification in progress”
• Decalcification is now complete.